Recipe shared by Offbeet Life. For more, please check out their Instagram and YouTube channel.
To Serve: good quality olive oil and lemon
1. Add onion and garlic to a soup pot or dutch oven and cook over medium heat with a splash of water until the onions are translucent.
2. Add carrots, celery, and parsley stems. Cook for 3 minutes until the celery becomes aromatic.
3. Add in tomatoes, vegetable stock, beans, zucchini, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, and chili flakes.
4. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer with the lid on.
5. Cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
7. Stir in the spinach and mix until wilted. Remove from heat.
8. To serve, please 1 cup of the cooked pasta in a bowl and top with a few ladles of the soup. Top with a tsp or two of good quality olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
Serving notes: A warm and hearty soup that is great for the winter and to fill you up. We love this recipe served with a piece of ciabatta bread on the side and drizzled with olive oil.