Spinach casserole is a convenient home cooked and highly nutritious meal. This recipe is not only super easy to make, but also tastes great. Kids also love it. This is one of my most favourite vegetarian recipes and has become a staple at our home.
.50 tbsp Unsalted butter
1 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
0.25 Onion (medium size, chopped)
0.25 kg Fresh spinach leaves (chopped)
Freshly grounded black pepper
Chilli flakes (optional)
Salt to taste (I use Pakistani Himalayan salt)
0.50 tbsp Breadcrumbs
0.50 tbsp Grated parmesan cheese
0.25 cup Cream
0.50 Boiled potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
1. Add butter in a wok and cook chopped garlic and onion in it till the onion is light brown.
2. Add spinach and sauté’ it in butter, garlic black pepper, salt and onion for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add cream, mix sautéed spinach in it and let it simmer on low heat for about 5-6 minutes.
4. Lightly butter a serving dish and cover its base with sliced potatoes.
5. Pour the spinach on it.
6. Cover the top with breadcrumbs and sprinkle parmesan cheese and chilli flakes.
7. Grill the dish in an oven for up to 10 minutes or till the breadcrumbs and cheese look nice and brown.
8. Let it settle for about 5 minutes… Enjoy!