Chia Pudding and Berry Compote
Recipe shared by Offbeet Life | Check out her Instagram.
Chia pudding is a great way to start your mornings! This recipe contains a lot of nutrients and keeps you full. It is easy to make and helpful in utilising seasonal berries. Berry compote can be used in several ways as toppings, on deserts or as a jam. It is convenient in preserving berries.
3 tbsp chia seeds (black or white)
1 cup plant milk (oat, almond or soy)
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Maple syrup or honey
1 ½ cups strawberries
½ tbsp chia seeds
Some vanilla extract
dash of syrup (optional)
Some black berries or mulberries
1. Add milk to the chia seeds and stir it. Put vanilla extract and maple syrup or honey in it to give it more flavour.
2. Keep stirring the chia pudding for a few minutes to make sure it doesn’t clump up.
3. Put the chia pudding in the fridge for 10 minutes to an hour so that it can thicken up. (Can leave it in the fridge over night for best results)
4. Cut the strawberries into smaller halves and put them in a pan over medium heat.
5. Add some vanilla extract in it.
6. When the strawberries start breaking down, mash them using a potato masher or a fork. Mash accordingly to keep the texture smooth or chunky.
7. Add chia seeds to it to thicken it.
8. Keep it boiling until the compote forms into a jam like consistency. Then turn the flame off.
9. Chop 6 strawberries and a banana for layering.
10. In a mason jar add a layer of chia pudding.
11. Then add granola or nuts. Put black berries or mulberries on it.
12. Top it with berry compote, then add chopped bananas and strawberries.
13. This is one layer, keep adding more layers by repeating step 2 till 4.
Tips: If you don’t have fresh strawberries for berry compote, you can add some maple syrup or honey to make the compote sweet. Add the syrup in the final stage of the compote.
Leave a comment