Recipe shared by Offbeet Life. For more, please check out their Instagram and YouTube channel.
This simple to make Mediterranean classic should be a go-to recipe for lunch or a quick snack! We like to call this a yummy parcel of flavor!
4 store bought falafels (or substitute 0.5 cup chickpeas) (*falafel recipe to be shared soon)
1 whole grain wrap
1 tbsp chopped red onion (or substitute pickled red onions)
1 sliced dill pickle
0.50 lemon (to make lemon juice)
0.50 cup chopped tomatoes
0.50 cup chopped cucumbers
0.50 cup chopped parsley
0.25 cup hummus
0.50 cup shredded lettuce
1. In a medium sized bowl mix the tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, red onion and lemon.
2. Spread the hummus on the wrap in an even layer.
3. Break up the falafel into bite size pieces and place down the centre of the wrap.
4. Top the falafel with the tomato mixture, shredded lettuce, and sliced pickle.
5. Role the wrap tightly.
6. Heat a non-stick pan to medium high heat.
7. Place the wrap on the pan and heat on each side until slightly golden brown.
8. Remove the wrap from the pan, slice in half, and enjoy.
Leave a comment